Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Maybe I could just wall paper it with giant Post-its?

randomtuesday

Post-it notes are pretty much the best invention ever. Romy and Michelle were totally right to try and rip those off, because they rule. Do you know they have super big flip chart size ones now? That you can write on and they just stick to the wall? So you don’t have to fuck around with all that tape or sticky blue shit that ruins the wall you are trying to stick it on? They are awesome. And really helpful because I’m getting too old to throw down with hotel managers when my tape damages the ugly wallpaper in rented boardrooms.

Politica and her little ones come for a visit on Thursday and will be here for the whole weekend! Her hubby is taking a pass though. Something about me having an uncomfortable pull-out and him not wanting to be drunk all weekend. I blame the poor PR he has obviously experienced about my fair province's hospitality on the Saskatchewan pavilion at the Olympics. The entire pavilion consisted of a mural of a wheat field you could pose in front of for a picture……. and a huge bar. You’d think “have some toast and get your drink on” was our provincial slogan.

I am really concerned about how invested I am in Lindsay Lohan. I really want her to go to jail and stay there. It ruins my whole day when they let her out, and I honestly can’t figure out why I give a shit.

I think I have finally made the decision to redo my bedroom. The current décor is so heinous the word heinous doesn’t even come close to describing it. It's a cross between a six year-old girl's playroom and the tent that whack job kept Jaycee Dugard in for 18 years. The bed frame was so old and broken I finally just threw it out and now my bed just sits directly on the floor. We are still using the same dressers goodwill donated to us when we first got married and were so broke we made our kids take turns eating cereal using the same milk.

And the walls….oh god. I am having a hard time admitting this to the internet.

Okay…the walls are sponge painted baby blue and baby pink. As in, take a sponge, dunk it in pink paint and blop blop blop over EVERY wall. Take blue paint, repeat.

This room is SO bad that most people when they first see it offer to come over to help me paint it. Like, that weekend. And no, I have no idea why I haven’t addressed this earlier. It was like this when we bought the house FIVE years ago. But, a new day is dawning and I am going to redecorate the SHIT out of that room. Please forward any design inspirations. I need them. I’m actually not that creative.

But I can link up to a website like nobody’s business, so go on and visit Keely.

17 comments:

Michele said...

I'll come up to help you paint but you'll have to finish. I can cut in with the best of them but the finishing part escapes me. That is what my husband is for. Somehow that sounds naughty.

Jenni said...

sponge painted? girl, that is an emergency.

Jennifer said...

I like this post. And I love those huge post its. Those would be great for kids art stuff. I could just stick them on the wall and they could go to town. I wonder how expensive they are.

I think when your walls are pink and blue sponge painted it really doesn't matter if you have any skills. Buy some paint in a color you like, a roller and go to town. You can figure out everything else after that.

Mama Badger said...

I'm with Jennifer. Just get rid of the sponging and go from there.

And those post it thingies? Wonderful. I slap them on the wall and let LG go to town with the finger paints.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm with Michele - I can paint like nobody's business, but can't do the edges if my life depended on it. Which is why our bedroom is still the ugly darker-than-sky blue it's been since we bought the house 7 years ago. But you totally have me beat with the sponge painting. ;)

Post-it notes absolutely rule! I need to get some of those giant ones - Princess Nagger would have them plastered all over the wall with her dinosaur art. Hmmm...maybe we can just cover the bedroom walls with that... ;)

Laufa said...

Just a coat of white will do wonders for your bedroom. Good luck!
Post it notes are an amazing invention, but some don't have enough sticky.

Keely said...

omg you keep SAYING that and you don't follow through! Please, I've been begging you for 5 years to paint that - it has GOT to be damaging your mental health to live in that room!

robin said...

Well, at least you're not responsible for the sponging. That would be bad.
PS- I am SO reading every single word about the fate of our deal pal/cokefiend Lindsay. I need to get a grip. For real.

Anonymous said...

I understand your need to remove that sponge paint. When I was in middle school I decided I wanted to sponge paint my entire room orange; as in, highlighter orange. Needless to say I spent hours priming and re-painting coat after coat to get rid of the neon... What horrid times...

Unknown said...

For paint in a bedroom I'm partially to creamy tans and coffee and latte colors. No idea why, my bedroom is beige (I didn't do it the builder people did it). My daughters room is a hideous purple that horrifies me and my office is Wedgwood blue (not good for creativity) and my dining room is pumpkin two tone orange, the kitchen olive green...damn, my whole house needs a paint job.

(For the record it was all like that when I moved in here. I didn't pick any of it!) I should get around to changing it...I'll probably move first.

Frogs in my formula said...

So, um, where are the heinous bedroom pics?

I love the idea of big ass post it notes. Now I want some. BAD.

Captain Dumbass said...

Huh? I thought "Have some toast and get your drink on" was your provincial motto. Just in Latin. And I've got a design idea for you but I'm at work and I can't access my tumblr page to get it.

Sandra said...

Well at least you have an opinion on Lohan. I personally couldn't care less, but I'll say this, (and I'm probably of the same opinion as you) the sooner they put her behind bars, the sooner we can stop hearing about her.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I love painting tasks! And anything is better than the current wall color. :-)

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Lindsay Lohan is, sadly, a complete waste of space and oxygen. So is Paris Hilton. I feel like if they could throw them in some deep dungeon and throw away the key, society might have a chance to recover.

Like we don't already have enough shit to handle, with the economy crisis and wars and all that. Adding Paris and Lindsay is just a cruel joke, God.

Anonymous said...

Yeah....I can't get Sister Christian out of my head.

duvar kagitlari said...

Beautiful wall papers made by famous designers from different countries will provide you with the latest style and world class quality products. It is really relaxing to have your room wall designed with luxurious high quality wallpapers. Good to know that these items are already available online for inquiry and order